After very many years being stored in boat sheds, first at Kilcreggan owned by Ronald and Ian Mcgrowther, then Silvers Marine at Gareloch, Shireen has been relaunched! Read an article from Yachting Life here.
For pictures before she was restored, we have some pictures of Shireen on the gallery page thanks to Gisela and Helmut Scharbaum.
Memsahib is currently in her cradle ashore undergoing a refit with a view to returning her to her original configuration.
Visit the gallery page to see some recent photos of her sailing.
We have recently been contacted by the owner of Ulidia, bringing the total of original Clyde 19/24s we know about to five. She is in a yard on the Isle of Man awaiting some minor repairs after falling over and cracking some planks. She is one of the surprisingly few Fife designed Clyde 19/24s and was built in 1901.
A new Tringa has been built in Germany. Gisela and Helmut Scharbaum, the couple who built the quarter scale radio controlled model, have now buildt a full size version. This must be the first Clyde 19/24 to be built in more than 100 years!
Visit the gallery page to see the construction. And this gallery page to see her sailing.
Robina is currently being restored.
We have some pictures on the gallery page from about twenty years ago.
Windhover II (Originally Sapphire)
'Windhover II', ex Sapphire, ex Doreen, is now owned by the Clyde Maritime Trust. The Trust acquired her from Mr Michael Macaulay on 28 December 2006. She is presently lying alongside TS Glenlee at Yourkhill Quay in Glasgow. The current plan is that she will be berthed in the Largs area over the summer, and sailed by the Glasgow Sea Scouts.
We have a few pictures of Windhover on the gallery page.